Sunday, August 18, 2013

32/52

August 18, 2013


Lily: anticipation. She's watching the storm clouds form.

We were all hoping for a swim this afternoon. But weather is threatening to close the pool. Disappointing, being that this is one of the last weekends of the summer the pool will be open. 

Lily shows no hesitation for outdoor activity. At her first cross country practice  of the season, this week, she replied, "refreshing!", to my question of how the run went. A true athlete. I feel the same way after taking any challenging power yoga class or ballet class. 

On the seasonal subject: Figs! Last night, a dear friend & I jumped the fence of the vacant house's yard to gather figs. Gold! The ground beneath reeked of rotting figs. I ended up with 2 gallons to put away. Preserves, baked figs stuffed with goat cheese, little fig pies as after school treats... Oh the possibilities! 

May your seasonal transition be ever so graceful, my friends. 

3 comments:

  1. That reminds me, there are loads of figs growing wild all over the place here! I need to do that too! Fig pies....Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made "smoked" fig preserves! Hah! Careful, it burns easily ;)

      Delete
  2. Your fig gathering adventure sounds exciting.. and delicious! I wish I knew of a place around Nashville to gather wild figs :)

    ReplyDelete